Director of KIN & KiDS
Marriage and Family Therapist
Registered Play Therapist (USA)
Making an appointment to see a therapist for the first time can be an intimidating experience. I hope to provide you with some information about myself and my clinical background before you meet me.
I previously worked as a lawyer in Malaysia for six years. After realizing that I did not want to spend the rest of my life as a lawyer, I made the decision to join the helping profession and never looked back. In Texas, I have worked at a private psychiatric and chemical-dependency care hospital, a state residential home, and at several outpatient community counselling agencies. In Malaysia, I have worked as a lecturer and clinical supervisor in the Master degree programs at the Help University.
What I enjoy about my work as a mental health practitioner is that it is very varied and I get to work with people from all over the world. I am specifically interested in working with couples and families from diverse backgrounds, as well as with children who have gone through a major life-changing event.
I am also a “testing psychologist”. I conduct psychoeducational and psychological evaluations regularly to determine learning and neurocognitive and neurodivergent challenges, as well as provide diagnostic clarity on mental health conditions/disorders. The Psychology graduate program I graduated from included solid training in testing and assessment and I continue to work hard to improve my skills in this area.
I believe that emotionally fulfilling relationships are integral components of our psychological well-being. In a nurturing social environment, people can learn to be more accepting of themselves and will be more capable of maximizing their potential. Some people need only a few sessions of therapy, while others may require months of therapy. If therapy is successful, you should feel that you are in a better position to face life’s challenges in the future without my support or intervention.
I am an “imperfect” mother of four boys, including a toddler.
Education & Professional Licenses/Accreditation
- M.S. in Counseling Psychology (Marriage and Family Therapy), University of North Texas, USA
- Post-Master Graduate Academic Certificate in Child Counseling/Play Therapy, University of North Texas, USA
- Post-Masters Graduate Certificate in Gifted & Talent Education, Montclair State University
- B.S. in Applied Psychology, Upper Iowa University, USA
- L.L.B. (Hons) 2nd Upper, University of Malaya
- Registered Play Therapist (Association of Play Therapy, USA)
- Approved Provider (#11288) (Association of Play Therapy, USA)
- Registered and Licensed Counselor (#KB01868), Malaysia
- Formerly Licensed Professional Counsellor-Intern (LPC-I) (#64698), Texas, USA
- Formerly Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist Associate (LMFTA) (#201404), Texas, USA
- Certificate of Mediation, Bar Council Malaysia
- Advocate and Solicitor, Malaysia (inactive)
- Certified PREPARE-ENRICH facilitator
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (Basic Externship, Core Skills 1 & 2)
- Love & Logic Teacher and Parent Education Independent Facilitator
- Discernment Counselling for Couples contemplating divorce
- International Professional Member, Association of Play Therapy (APT, USA)