An Introduction to Sandtray Therapy
Sandtray is one of the most versatile, assessment and therapeutic tools that does not require purchase of expensive hard-to-get materials. This is an introductory workshop on the humanistic approach to sandtray therapy, where participants will be provided with information, rationale and value of using sandtray therapy in a variety of settings and with various types of clients.
Through experiential learning, participants will be guided in setting up sandtray therapy, selection of miniatures, using sandtrays and provided with guidelines to conduct sessions. Throughout the day experiential activities will provide personal insight into professional uses. Come to learn, experience, and enjoy.
This training is applicable for current and trainee mental health professionals (counsellors, psychologists, school counsellors) as well as lay and para counsellors. Participants should have prior training in basic counselling skills and are preferably carrying a client caseload.
Space is strictly limited to 12 participants only.
- Define sandtray therapy and cite its origins
- Cite the development of sandtray therapy within the context of the play therapy movement
- Identify how to set up a clinical space, both materials and therapeutically
- List categories of miniatures and discuss issues regarding their selection
- Using sand tray therapy as an expressive and projective method of conducting sessions
- Facilitate awareness and change through sandtray therapy
- Understand how sandtray therapy can be used in different settings and with clients of different ages.
- Explore how sandtray therapy can be integrated into different theoretical approaches
If you are interested in sand tray therapy, here are three reasons to join our workshop:
- This workshop is approved by Association of Play Therapy, USA for graduate-level continuing education credits, which may be counted towards professional credentials. This also means that the workshop meets the professional standards set out by the APT.
- We limit the workshop to only 12 participants to keep the workshop provider-participants ratio low and to enable you to get one-on-one guidance by our providers.
- All materials will be provided for the workshop! That means you do not have to worry about hunting around for appropriate miniatures, sand and trays!
A total of 9.5 clock hours approved by the Association of Play Therapy, USA and a certificate of attendance will only be given to participants who attend the entire workshop.
So, hurry up now to register and secure a place!
For more information, kindly contact Chitra at 019-38009092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.