Support Group for Parents with Adolescents
A project of KIN & KiDS Marriage, Family and Child Therapy Center
An 8-week experiential group where a small group of parents come together in a safe environment to explore the issues they experience with teenagers and to help each other to be better parents for the people they love. The group leader will facilitate a dynamic group process for participants to learn and share their experiences therapeutically.
- To hear from each other, the struggles that parents go through with their teenage children and learn how to cope with them.
- To understand the world in which present-day teenagers live in and why they do what they do.
- To uncover some unconscious mindsets and behaviors that may divide the generations.
- To pick up skills to better relate with teenage children.
- To be aware of resources which helps to understand and guide teenagers.
- Week 1 – Understanding Adolescent Development
- Week 2 – Understanding and Engaging the Younger Generation
- Week 3 – Parenting Styles with Adolescents
- Week 4 – Grades, Tuition and Money
- Week 5 – Work Stress & Parenting
- Week 6 – Music, Media and Computer Games
- Week 7 – Sex, Puberty and Puppy Love
- Week 8 – Way Forward
A total of RM400 for 8 sessions.
To book your place, participants are required to make an advance payment of RM200.
4 October to 22 November, 2015 (8 Sundays)
2.30 – 5.30 pm
25 Sept 2015
Kin & Kids Marriage, Family and Child Therapy Centre (PJ Branch)
A-13-29, PJ Centrestage, Jalan 13/1, Petaling Jaya.
Size of Group
The group will be limited to only 10 people, on a first-come basis.
Please email Danielle Peters (email@example.com) with your Name and contact details for further registration information, inquiries or **banking details. Subject Line: Support for Parents with Adolescents.
About the the Facilitator
Patrick Cheng is a licensed counsellor at Kin and Kids Marriage, Family, and Children Therapy Centre. Besides seeing clients on marriage, parenting and personal issues, he also conducts talks and workshops on communication skills, emotional well being, strong marriages and smart parenting. He is also a part-time lecturer at a local university. He is a father of two grown-up sons and is happily married for over 30 years. Read more about Patrick here.